Monday, November 15, 2010
her freedom
This story definitely presented a new point of view from this girl. She explained her life and her reasons for what it means to her to wear her veil. She thoroughly explains how she feels why its so important and meaningful to her why she wears her veil. Appearance to her does not matter which is completely different to the cultural views in our American society. It is sad that our society believes so much in looks and that people are admired because looks and what they wear and their sex appeal. Some people even find it necessary to change how they look so they can look even prettier which is sad because people are naturally pretty and should accept how they are, just as they are. She explains how she feels free from sexual harassment and she does not feel like she is judged based off what she wears or how she looks, which to her makes her feel free. She feels she is looked at as a human being and never judged by looks which she believes is the most free feeling ever. I think she feels free and does not care how others judge her off of her clothing and does not care that some people discriminate because she feels free no matter what they say. I respect how she feels and how her veil makes her feel; she has the freedom she wants and she feels no one can judge her based off her looks and or her body!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My blog was very much like yours so I agree with you completely. I think the idea of wearing a veil takes on a new meaning and I wish the ideals behind it were better known amongst American society. So much time of people lives are revolved around looks and its really sad that no matter how far we come in technology people will always doubt their appearances. I think it would be a much more free way of living if we all wore veils but at the same time she has to deal with the effects of stereotyping because of her appearance, being seen first and foremost as a Muslim girl.
ReplyDeleteI really agree with your blog and I wrote about pretty much the same concepts of what you wrote about in your blog. I think wearing a hijab does not change who you are as a person and it is just a piece of clothing that Haybar wears for her culture. People should not look at her differently just because of the type of clothing she has on or what part of her body she covers. It is sad how much people change the way they dress and the make-up and accessories they wear just so others would look at them differently and even in a better way. I feel that individuals should learn to accept their bodies and be grateful for how they look naturally.
ReplyDelete