Monday, October 18, 2010
unequality
I do not believe there is a racial issue that an African American has been used to move into a white family more often than it is for a white person to move into a black families home. It is true statistically that it tends to be most black families that struggle more then the average white family. The article suggests that it is usually more that in society blacks have been proven to be struggling more. It should not be looked at as weird that in movies, books, and songs that white people move into black houses, although it is. If something goes wrong for a family it is looked at as more often occurring then to white families. People seem to always believe it is African Americans, Mexicans, etc are less well off then white people. This has been looking like that and people still believe African Americans are still unequal and discriminated among society. This should not be like this, but it is shown in today’s world if we would like to believe it or not, the inequality and discrimination is still occurring daily and depicted in movies like the Blind Side, and in songs, or in books. The law says they are equal, and they make have the right to vote, and equal pay, but in some way they are still looked down on which is completely wrong and disgusting that a society would look like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think every race has their share of hardships. Everyone will have problems financially at one point or another in their life. Some people may start rougher than others. It may be because of race or where you come from. You confuse me when you say that African Americans are worse off statistically than everyone else but then you go on to say people seem to assume that they are worse off. It feels like you are contradicting yourself.
ReplyDeleteI see where you come from that its not right that there is still discrimination between races, but their is always going to be some kind of racism, people in general aren't perfect and not everyone gets along. Its just a fact of life.
I agree completely with your argument. I also made the point in my blog stating how racism and stereotyping is still a problem in today's society. Just because Michael was taken into a white raced home shouldn't be adding to that stereotype. I also agree with the above comment that racism will always be an issue. No matter how or what someone says to someone else it could be looked at a racist. This is something our world needs to overcome.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you, and I really like your viewpoint about the actual situation in society between white and African American families. I also believe that people still assume that white families are more wealthy than African American families, which is widely shown in every media.
ReplyDeleteThe statistics sill show the average differences in wealth within races but I think it is wrong to make an assumption about African American families.